Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reading

I've been doing some reading lately - a bit intermittent, but I'm getting better at it.
I finished the first book a few weeks back, Don Carson's The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God - I'll post some reflections on that eventually, I've lent it out to nearly everyone I know along with my notes in it! I've just started reading Desiring God by John Piper, and will be posting about that the next few weeks and next I'm getting into The Sovereignty of God by A. W. Pink. So I'll try and keep you posted.. at least as intermittently as my reading is.

2 comments:

David McKay said...

G'day Al.
You have mentioned a great set of books there which have been very helpful to me.

The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God is a small book that packs a punch.

Alan said...

Yeah I LOVED it.. just made so much more sense to me. To realise that God's love doesn't need to be simple is so liberating..